Full recipe below the jump!
What you'll need:
1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup sugar (I use raw sugar)
1 small-medium very ripe banana, mashed
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips (extra dark or bittersweet)
a handful of oatmeal
1/2 cup honey (omit or substitute agave nectar)
- Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 78.7
- Total Fat: 1.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 52.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 0.2 g
I usually double the recipe and make 24 medium/large cookies, so the nutritional information would all be doubled.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Puree the banana. I use a Magic Bullet, which works perfectly!
3. Mix the banana with everything except the chocolate chips in a large bown until well combined. I find a mixer helpful.
4. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Using moistened hands, form generous 1 tablespoon (use more if you want bigger cookies) dough for each cookie into ball. Arrange on 2 ungreased baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
6. Bake cookies until puffed, golden on bottom and still soft to touch in center, about 12 minutes. I always check on the cookies about 3/4 of the way through the baking time and sometimes take them out early (but I like my cookies soft). Cool on sheets 5 minutes. Transfer to racks; cool completely.